A Regular Savings account gives you a safe way to put money away for the future while earning a competitive rate of interest:
- Interest is compounded daily, paid monthly and reported to you on a quarterly basis
- There is no monthly fee with a minimum daily balance of $300
- Two withdrawals per month are available at no charge. (A withdrawal fee of $3 will be charged for each withdrawal in excess of two per month and there is a limit of six withdrawals per quarterly statement cycle.)
- Open with a $100 deposit
For balances below the minimum requirement, a monthly fee of $4 will apply.
For customers under the age of 18 or age 60 and over, there is no minimum balance requirement and there are no regular monthly fees for a savings account. A minor’s savings account can be opened with a $25 deposit.
MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT
A Money Market account offers a competitive interest rate, while providing you with easy access to your funds.
- Minimum daily balance of $1,000 assures you market rates with no monthly fee
- Tiered interest rates—interest is compounded daily and paid monthly based on the collected balance
- While Federal regulations limit money market accounts to six preauthorized transfers or withdrawals per statement cycle, an unlimited number of withdrawals or transfers can be initiated at our banking offices, by mail or via North State Bank ATM. (A withdrawal fee of $5 will be charged for each check in excess of six during a statement cycle.)
- Open with a $1,000 deposit
For balances that fall below the $1,000 minimum daily balance requirement during a statement cycle, a monthly fee of $10 will apply.
CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT
With as little as $500, you can open a Certificate of Deposit (CD) that offers the flexibility of a short-term investment or the earning power of a longer term investment, whichever meets your needs.
- Interest rates on most CDs are tiered so you earn a higher rate of interest on higher balances. Tiers are based on balances of:
- $500 to $9,999
- $10,000 to $49,999
- $50,000 to $99,999
- $100,000 and over
- For added savings, interest may be reinvested in your certificate or paid to you via check or electronic credit to a deposit account.
- For your convenience, all North State Bank CDs are automatically renewable.
Penalties may apply for early withdrawal.
INDIVIDUAL RETIREMENT ACCOUNT CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT
An Individual Retirement Account (IRA CD) is secure and an excellent way for you to save for retirement. A number of options are available, including Roth and Education IRAs, and your selection depends on your investment goals. Depending on the option you choose, a North State Bank IRA CD provides either tax-deferred or tax-free savings at competitive interest rates. Interest rates on most IRA CDs are tiered, so based on your investment, you can earn a higher rate of interest on higher balances. Choose the term of your investment for the flexibility of a short-term investment or the earning power of a longer term investment.