Paycheck Protection Program
North State Bank is accepting and processing applications for the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) which is part of the 2020 CARES Act. The PPP is a federal loan program aimed at helping small businesses that have been severely impacted by COVID-19, with the primary purpose of helping companies retain their workforce and assist with other operational expenses.
Complete details about the PPP are available on the SBA’s website at this link.
To apply through North State Bank, applicants must be either:
- A business banking customer with an active North State Bank relationship.
- A business located in a community we serve that is interested in becoming a relationship banking customer.
Supporting Documentation for the Paycheck Protection Program
Once a North State Bank SBA Lender contacts you after the initial review of your application, the following documents are needed to further advance your submission.
2019 Quarterly 940, 941 or 944 Payroll Tax Reports
Payroll reports for a twelve-month period (corresponding to 941 reporting period), detailing the following information:
- Gross wages for each employee, including officer(s) if paid W-2 wages.
- Paid time off for each employee.
- Vacation pay for each employee.
- Family medical leave pay for each employee.
- State and local taxes assessed for each employee’s compensation.
Documentation showing the total amount paid by the company for health insurance premiums, including:
- Owner(s) under a group health plan.
- All employees and company owners.
Documentation showing the sum of all retirement plan funding that was paid by company owner(s), including:
- All employees and the company owners.
- 401K plans, Simple IRA, SEP IRA’s.
Employee retirement plan funding should not be included.
PPP Loan Forgiveness
The information above is accurate based on the information available on April 3, 2020. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Loans are subject to approval.
SBA Loans At-A-Glance
- Loans are backed by United States Small Business Administration.
- Funding from the most common SBA loans can be used for many business purposes including starting a new business, buying a business, working capital, equipment, furniture, land and building purchases as well as refinance existing debt.
- Loans typically have a lower down payment requirement and offer longer terms as compared to a traditional business loan.
SBA Loans Available at North State Bank
- SBA 7(a): The most popular SBA loan type, with the option to borrow up to $5 million.
- United States Department of Agriculture Business and Industry Loan: Designed to help small businesses acquire fixed assets, such as commercial real estate or equipment in rural areas within the United States. Loan amounts up to $5 million.
Why Choose North State Bank?
What You Can Expect
Simplicity: We have honed our process to be as simple as possible, taking you step-by-step from initial inquiry until closing.
Responsiveness: Our responsiveness is second-to-none. Whether you prefer to stay in touch via phone, email or text, you will find communication to be one of our strengths.
Who Can Qualify
- Be for-profit.
- Operate within the United States.
- Have less than $15,000,000 in maximum tangible net worth and a two-year average net income after federal income tax of $5,000,000.