"Every customer has unique needs, which is why at North State Bank every customer gets a hand-crafted, customized, creative financial solution."
- North Raleigh Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- Carolina Royal Academy Charter School (Chairman of the Board of Directors)
- Boy Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of America
- Habitat for Humanity
- Passage Home
- Junior Achievement
John has worked in the financial services industry since 1992, including serving as a commercial real estate lender and middle market commercial banker at Bank of America.
- Urban Land Institute
- North Carolina Housing Coalition
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Université Paul Valéry (Montpellier, France; junior year abroad)
- American Bankers Association Stonier Graduate School of Banking at the University of Pennsylvania
- North Carolina Bankers Association School of Banking at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Management Associate Program (Bank of America, Commercial Middle Market Banking)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Outside the Office
Hiking, backpacking, driving classic cars, investing in residential real estate, and any activity that allows me to spend time with my family.